Sunday, January 17, 2010

Getting to Know Me






Hello! I am very new to the whole blogging thing, but willing to give it a try! This first post is a little about myself. My name is Amanda Emmons-Wolery. I am currently a Kindergarten teacher for Boone County Schools although I have also spent time teaching 3rd and 4th grade. I have been teaching for 4 years. I am married to my wonderful husband Matt. We do not have any children yet, however, we do have two doggies. Hogan is my crazy black lab/wiemeraner mix, and Casey is my beagle/english bull dog mix. I love them both! They make my life so much more fun. I enjoy singing, dancing and acting. I do many community shows in my spare time. I also direct the theatre department at nearby high school. My husband and I enjoy traveling and have been all over the world. We also enjoy football! We are huge University of Cincinnati fans! GO BEARCATS! I am looking forward to an exciting semester! I am a camera happy person, so I always have pictures to share... check them out below!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda! I don't know if you remember me but I was in Delta Gamma for a couple of years 03-05. Great to see you're doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amanda- I am so glad that you enjoyed creating this blog- I do think they are a great way to communicate. I also am happy to hear that you are enjoying kindergarten it will be great to hear your perspective especially having other grade level experience. Your dogs are cute- we had a wonderful dog that passed away this summer but have a baby now instead. And yes we too are Bearcats fans- bummed about the end of the season but still enjoyed it. Look forward to working with you-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amanda I also teach kindergarten! I look forward to sharing stories & ideas with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dogs are adorable! I'm not so sure blogging is for me...I'm likely to spend all my time on here, and forget about my other assignments. : ) LOL. It takes a special person to teach kindergarten...I'm always exhausted after my kindergarten class. I can only imagine how tired you are after a whole day with them. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amanda,
    I have a son in kindergarten. So I may have some questions for you. Go Bearcats!!!!

    Dan Perlman

    ReplyDelete